It’s time once more for another Open Contest!
In January the winner of the Open Contest was Evalor the Valliant: His Blog
He prize was to pick a contest theme:
“Ok then, The new category…….River/lake/ocean? How does that sound? It has to have a shore, as well as water! If you don’t like it I could always do a different one.”Evalor The Valliant
I like it. And I think it’s an awesome idea! I modified it a little so that it will be very clear and the official theme:
Any Body of Water with a Shore or Land connected. What you choose to put in the water and other details are completely up to you!
“13 Jesus answered her, “Everyone who drinks of this water will thirst again, 14 but whoever drinks of the water that I will give him will never thirst again; but the water that I will give him will become in him a well of water springing up to eternal life.””John 4:13-14
There are way more than just one category and because it is an open contest there are more forms of art you can enter. Maybe you are not the best artist, I’m not. Maybe you don’t like to paint or draw. You all can make amazing things!
The categories are as follows:
- Digital Art
- Home Photography
Anything you think might be art and have questions about that I did not mention here, feel free to contact me about it.
Poems: Each poem must be under 17 lines with a Minimum of 10 words and Maximum of 75.
If there are not many of a certain category it might get combined with a larger category of the same aspects.
- This contest is purely optional. You are not obliged to participate but please let me know if you are unable to draw or do not wish to enter the contest.
- You are free to use existing pictures as reference.
- All the art must be original and yours alone. Any forgery or copying will not be permitted.
- You must stick to the weekly theme or you’ll be disqualified.
- You must turn in your drawings/art by the set time or they will not be entered into the contest.
- Any criticism or making fun of someone else’s drawing/art will not be permitted and you will be disqualified.
- If there is a Tie the person with the least amount of votes will break the Tie.
- You may vote on any one picture but your own.
- If there is a tie the losers of the tie will be in 2nd and 3rd place.
- You may not enter any drawings / art that has been entered in a contest before.
- You may enter old art that fits the theme as long as it has never been entered in a contest.
- You may only vote on 1 person per category.
- No Tracing Or Cheating.
- This channel (Not on my blog) is for art contest related info only.
- Nothing immature, inappropriate, or vile language.
- In the case of a Open Contest Tie I will decide the winner to keep it easier.
- Every Contestant Must have a Code-name.
- The sooner you turn in your art the better. The order in which your turn in your art is the order in which it will be shown on my blog.
- Nothing too scary or creepy.
- You may enter as many drawings/art as you want as long as it fits the rules.
- No retracting of your vote unless a mistake or problem. Ask me if you have questions.
- If you accidently vote wrong contact me as soon as possible.
- There is no age limit on contestants.
- You Must Have Fun. Don’t Enter Unless You Enjoy It.
Gah, those rules have gotten long😂😅
Each Contestant will get a certificate that states they have entered and the Winners will get one proving their places. Plus I will post on the Winners of each category.
Procedure for Entries:
Step 1. Make a Drawing/Painting/Sketch/Craft/Ect.. Make sure that it matches the theme.
Step 2. The title of the post should be the name of your Drawing/art/craft/sketch/painting/Ect… Also, in the post, Make a Section with your Code-name. The code-name can be anything you want as long as it is not immature or inappropriate.
Step 3. Post that Drawing/Painting/Sketch/Craft/Ect.. on your blog using a password protected post.
Step 4. Post a comment in the chat section of this post with a link to the password protected post. Give me the password in your comment.
Step 5. I will drop a comment in the chat section of the password protected post to let you know that you have been accepted into the Open Contest.
Do not worry If you don’t see your comment approved. I will not approve the comment until after the Open Contest is over to keep your drawing anonymous until the Voting.
Deadline: Wednesday, March 30th, 10AM Eastern Florida Time.
I will post a few reminders and let you know when the deadline ends!
Hope to see your art!