I have had a lot of questions about when the Art Contests were going to be starting back up from those on the blog, and those off. I had been procrastinating on doing them since they are a lot of work and I have also not had much time to sit down and write anything out. I had decided to do them seasonally and to do either one or two each season.
So, the other day Sawyer, who also runs contests over on her blog suggested that we combine and merge our contests into one so that we have less pressure on each other and those who follow both of our blogs can do them together. I thought that was a good idea so we have merged them into the:
Sawrrie Artistry Tournaments
Sawrrie (see what we did there) because of our names. And “Artistry Tournaments”, because we wanted to be fancy😉
The first one is going to be Spring themed, and we are going to try (doesn’t mean we can) to do two contests this Spring.
The first will run from March 1st, (Today) till the 14th of April, then we will have voting on the 15th-16th and the winners will be announced the following week.
So, For the Theme this next Month & A-Half is:
It’s been a while, so here are the rules as a little refresher:
- This contest is purely optional. You are not obliged to participate, But please let me know if you have told me you are entering, but then you can’t.
- You are free to use existing pictures as reference.
- All the art must be original and yours alone. Any forgery or copying will not be permitted.
- You must stick to the Monthly theme or you’ll be disqualified.
- You must turn in your drawings/art by the set time or they will not be entered into the contest.
- Any criticism or making fun of someone else’s drawing/art will not be permitted and you will be disqualified.
- If there is a Tie I will break the tie after consulting with my Co-Host.
- You may vote on any one picture but your own.
- If there is a tie the losers of the tie will be in 2nd and 3rd place…..
- You may not enter any drawings / art that has been entered in a contest before.
- You may enter old art that fits the theme as long as it has never been entered in a contest.
- You may only vote on 1 person per category.
- No Tracing Or Cheating.
- Nothing immature, inappropriate, or vile language.
- Every Contestant Must have a Code-name.
- The sooner you turn in your art the better. The order in which your turn in your art is the order in which it will be shown on my blog.
- Nothing too scary or creepy.
- You may enter as many drawings/art as you want as long as it fits the rules.
- No retracting of your vote unless a mistake or problem. Ask me if you have questions.
- If you accidently vote wrong, contact me as soon as possible.
- There is no age limit on contestants.
- You Must Have Fun. Don’t Enter Unless You Enjoy It.
And here, are our art categories:
- Digital Art
- Home Photography
Anything you think might be art and have questions about that I did not mention here, feel free to contact me about it.
Poems: Each poem must be a limit of 17 lines with a Minimum of 10 words and Maximum of 75.
If there are not many of a certain category it might get combined with a larger category of the same aspects.
Each Contestant will get a certificate that states they have entered and the Winners will get one proving their places. Plus I will post on the Winners of each category.
Also, whomever wins the Spring Themed Contest will pick the Theme for our next contest this spring.
Procedure for Entries:
Step 1. Make a Drawing/Painting/Sketch/Craft/Ect.. Make sure that it matches the theme.
Step 2. The title of the post should be the name of your Drawing/art/craft/sketch/painting/Ect… Also, in the post, Make a Section with your Code-name. The code-name can be anything you want as long as it is not immature or inappropriate. (I suggest using the same Codename every time.)
Step 3. Post that Drawing/Painting/Sketch/Craft/Ect.. on your blog using a password protected post.
Step 4. Post a comment in the chat section of this post with a link to the password protected post. Give me the password in your comment.
Step 5. I will drop a comment in the chat section of the password protected post to let you know that you have been accepted into the Open Contest.
Do not worry If you don’t see your comment approved. I will not approve the comment until after the Open Contest is over to keep your art anonymous until the Voting.
You guys know I like to have a verse for each contest and I decided on this one for us this Spring:
“The flowers are springing up,Song of Solomon 2:12
the season of singing birds has come,
and the cooing of turtledoves fills the air.”
hours minutes seconds
Entry Deadline Closes!
If you have any questions, drop a comment below and I will answer as soon as I can!