Can you believe we are already at our Tenth Open Contest? Or that we have done Nine of these? Crazy! I would never have hoped that we would come this far or have such amazing contestants every time. But we do!
Today is the 16th! I am announcing this early (*actually on time you dodo brain*) so that everyone will have 2 weeks to enter something.
We have had a tough last few years. Covid-19, and the busyness of life took it’s toll but we had one amazing thing through it all. Hope.
Hope is one of the greatest forces in the world. God has given us hope to see us through the tough times. He has also given us Love and Faith. Though other things may pass away those three are always with us!
“13 But now faith, hope, and love remain—these three. The greatest of these is love.”1 Corinthians: 13:13
Yesterday I saw a rainbow and it reminded me of Hope.
While I was outside building with Papa(dad) and my youngest sister we suddenly got an unexpected storm. It blew over sheets of metal, tore open one of our gates and hailed! We were not close to the house so we had to take shelter in our shed. The wind was ferocious! It blew the rain down in torrents and even though our shed is covered on three sides it still rained and blew violently inside from the one open side. There was debris on the top of our shed so it caused the water to pool up and leak into the shed as well. Water flooded into the shed in mini streams and it was kind of scary for me. When the hail started I was shocked. I almost never see hail. Maybe because I am inside the house but still scary to hear it beating down on the meatal roof. All we could do was huddle in the middle of the shed and Hope that it blew over and would finished soon.
“18 You will be secure, because there is hope.Job 11:18
Yes, you will search, and will take your rest in safety.”
The funny thing is, even though it was scary and cold, and wet. It was beautiful. The way the rain came down in sheets and the water coming into the shed in little tiny rivers. And when the storm was over. It passed very quickly, not more than 20 minuets.
There is nothing like a stormy sky! It is such a deep, clear, Real blue like you have never seen. And the peace after a storm, like everything is alright with the world. Even the animals were silent. From fear or peace is yet to be determined.
When the storm was over there were little lakes all over our yard. My sister ran and got my rain boots and we splashed in the water and pretended we were going on adventures. It was a lot of fun. And there was a double Rainbow! I sadly did not get a picture on that because we were busy building again, but after it had sprinkled rain for a little while a new rainbow appeared and it was AMAZING!
“16 The rainbow will be in the cloud. I will look at it, that I may remember the everlasting covenant between God and every living creature of all flesh that is on the earth.””Genesis 9:16
The Covenant that He will never flood the earth again!
I was able to get pictures of this rainbow and I want to share them with you:
Hehe, The goat photo bombed me!
I just really want everyone to know that when things seem down God is there for you! Even in the “stormy weather” of life.
“18 Behold, Yahweh’s eye is on those who fear him,Psalms 33:18
on those who hope in his loving kindness,”
Go gave us the hope of something even more amazing then anything!
“2 in hope of eternal life, which God, who can’t lie, promised before time began;”Titus 1:2
Those events yesterday gave me the idea for this month’s theme:
Hope! Things that you hope for, things that make you hopeful, ways your hopes have come true.
So, anything that you think fits the Hopeful theme!
There are way more than just one category and because it is an open contest there are more forms of art you can enter. Maybe you are not the best artist, I’m not. Maybe you don’t like to paint or draw. You all can make amazing things!
Remember, you may enter as many entries as you want in as many Categories as you want!
The categories are as follows:
- Digital Art
- Home Photography
Anything you think might be art and have questions about that I did not mention here, feel free to contact me about it.
Poems: Each poem must be under 17 lines with a Minimum of 10 words and Maximum of 75.
If there are not many of a certain category it might get combined with a larger category of the same aspects.
- This contest is purely optional. You are not obliged to participate but please let me know if you are unable to draw or do not wish to enter the contest.
- You are free to use existing pictures as reference.
- All the art must be original and yours alone. Any forgery or copying will not be permitted.
- You must stick to the weekly theme or you’ll be disqualified.
- You must turn in your drawings/art by the set time or they will not be entered into the contest.
- Any criticism or making fun of someone else’s drawing/art will not be permitted and you will be disqualified.
- If there is a Tie the person with the least amount of votes will break the Tie.
- You may vote on any one picture but your own.
- If there is a tie the losers of the tie will be in 2nd and 3rd place.
- You may not enter any drawings / art that has been entered in a contest before.
- You may enter old art that fits the theme as long as it has never been entered in a contest.
- You may only vote on 1 person per category.
- No Tracing Or Cheating.
- This channel (Not on my blog) is for art contest related info only.
- Nothing immature, inappropriate, or vile language.
- In the case of a Open Contest Tie I will decide the winner to keep it easier.
- Every Contestant Must have a Code-name.
- The sooner you turn in your art the better. The order in which your turn in your art is the order in which it will be shown on my blog.
- Nothing too scary or creepy.
- You may enter as many drawings/art as you want as long as it fits the rules.
- No retracting of your vote unless a mistake or problem. Ask me if you have questions.
- If you accidently vote wrong contact me as soon as possible.
- There is no age limit on contestants.
- You Must Have Fun. Don’t Enter Unless You Enjoy It.
Each Contestant will get a certificate that states they have entered and the Winners will get one proving their places. Plus I will post on the Winners of each category.
Procedure for Entries:
Step 1. Make a Drawing/Painting/Sketch/Craft/Ect.. Make sure that it matches the theme.
Step 2. The title of the post should be the name of your Drawing/art/craft/sketch/painting/Ect… Also, in the post, Make a Section with your Code-name. The code-name can be anything you want as long as it is not immature or inappropriate. (I suggest using the same Codename every time.)
Step 3. Post that Drawing/Painting/Sketch/Craft/Ect.. on your blog using a password protected post.
Step 4. Post a comment in the chat section of this post with a link to the password protected post. Give me the password in your comment.
Step 5. I will drop a comment in the chat section of the password protected post to let you know that you have been accepted into the Open Contest.
Do not worry If you don’t see your comment approved. I will not approve the comment until after the Open Contest is over to keep your drawing anonymous until the Voting.
Deadline: Saturday, May 28th 11:59pm! (or midnight)
I am really excited for this one! I think it will be a great theme and we will have amazing entries!
“25 But if we hope for that which we don’t see, we wait for it with patience.”Romans 8:25
Bye Till Next Post!
7 thoughts on “Open Contest 10! Hope!”
I love this theme, it will be great for a poem! I already have a great idea!!!!!!!!!
Also, you misspelt metal, in the paragraph after 1 Cor 13:13
Agghhh! Spelling is not my cup of tea, thanks for telling me!
Glad you have an idea! I am excited to see it!
LikeLiked by 1 person
yay!! this is such an awesome theme!
LikeLiked by 1 person
Finished my poem, I hope you like it, the password is “hopefulness”. also, do you think I should change my code name? people probably know it by now. You can answer on my poem page so it doesn’t approve my comment.